miércoles, 29 de septiembre de 2010

Teenage Brain

               During adolescence and teenage years it is common that teenagers fight and argue with their parents. Aside from being common, it is normal also. This is because the brain is passing through several and important changes. For example, the Prefrontal cortex, which is in the frontal lobe, is the part of your brain responsible for planning behavior, solving problems, and controlling emotions. Teenagers do not have this part of the brain fully developed so they behave bad, and always want to do things their way instead of following parents instructions and hearing their advices. Most of the teenagers think that their parents hate them because they punish them, but they do that because they love them. 


               One great quote that I could relate to this topic is, "When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years," from Mark Twain. Obviously his father did not learn so much in seven years, it's only that when he was fourteen he was immature and thought that he was ignorant. However when he grew up he found out that he was the one who was wrong.
Source


               On the other hand, I learned that teenagers need to sleep around 8 to 9 hours daily. Sleeping that time will help you develop correctly, it will help you in school also because you will go with more energy to work. Getting 8 to 9 hours of sleep will improve your memory. I liked looking at this video because I learned great things. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario